Friday, February 20, 2009

REMEMBERING GRANDDAD AND NANA NIGHT #2

My sister Kate sharing her memories. She is wearing a blouse of my mother's and a black woollen singlet my father wore when shearing sheep. You will notice she has a bag of goodies beside her.

Out they come one by one. Here she shows everyone my mother's wedding dress. My parents were married in Hastings, New Zealand on the 27th March, 1940.

Here Kate shows a dress my mother made with beautiful beading work. She was a wonderful dressmaker and made all her own clothes, including her own hats. She always dressed like a queen.

Arden takes his turn to share. I am wearing a dress that my mother made for me many years ago. I also gave a quizz of facts about my parents' lives. The children who answered correctly got a packet of peanuts. They really enjoyed this.

Sharar shares. Little Shepherd is in front of him.