Friday, February 20, 2009

REMEMBERING GRANDDAD AND NANA NIGHT #1

I am always thinking of ideas to celebrate. On the 12 February we had a REMEMBERING GRANDDAD AND NANA NIGHT. We all came together to share memories about my parents, Ivan and Joyce Bowen--our children's grandparents and the grandchildren's great-grandparents. Everyone had to share a memory about them. It was a wonderful idea to keep their memory alive, especially in the hearts of the grandchildren. The little ones can only just remember their white-haired great-granddad and most of the grandchildren cannot remember my mother as she passed away 10 years ago. This was an opportunity to help them remember. We enjoyed this evening in our Above Rubies packaging room which we use for all our family gatherings as it fits us all in. However, you will notice that it is still unfinished. It has been sitting like this for well over a year now, but we trust that one day we'll get some extra money to finish it.

Engedi (Serene's daughter) and Autumn Rose (Pearl's daughter).

Autumn Rose posing.

Some of the grandchildren waiting to get started. They are all the greatest friends and more like brothers and sisters.

My sister, Kate wearing a blouse of my mother's, a brooch of my mother's in her beret and a black woollen singlet of my father's.